fot

[Fot] TR4 cooling

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] TR4 cooling
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 10:45:07 -0600
Annual cooling question:

I spent some time conferring with my local race shop yesterday about
a job that I'm working on. I related to the genuine expert that we
had problems with water circulation and the rear of the engine
running hotter than the front. He said "Come with me" and took me to
a room with six ready-for-delivery Chevy and Ford V8's headed for the
circle tracks. He told me that the problem I described is common in
V8's also, and showed me what they do to minimize it -- they run a
coolant line from the rear of the block to the front of the block. On
some engines they do it on each bank. It's pretty small, like 8AN or 10 AN.

This could easily be done on our cars by running a line from the
heater outlet on the top of the head at the rear, around to the
fitting in the water pump housing that normally is used for the
heater return water. Seems like a good idea, but seems like a pretty
small hose.

Question -- has anyone tried this on a TR engine, and did it do any good?

uncle jack