fot

[Fot] TR3 Block - boat anchor?

To: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>, "Bill Babcock" <billb@bnj.com>,
Subject: [Fot] TR3 Block - boat anchor?
From: "Mark Eginton" <mee23@cornell.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 12:11:44 -0500
Has anyone seen an incidence where a early TR3 /4 block had to be thrown out
due to problems with the head bolt stud hole. I am really worried about
messing with this stud that my dad braised to the block up the early '60s but
on the other hand, Murphy dictates the fillet is bound to eventually cause
head gasket problems eventually.

Seems like at the very least it should be able to be welded up and re-drilled
and tapped but it may be naive on my part.

This local machine shop is talking about a ceramic insert that is "glued in"
but I don't have the nerve to believe him.

Thoughts or referrals, I am ready to build but need to get pass this one...

Thanks,

Mark

57 TR3 vintage racer