fot

[Fot] TR4 Rear Hub Removal

To: "Mitch Seff" <ms6453@optonline.net>, "Greg"
Subject: [Fot] TR4 Rear Hub Removal
From: "Scott Janzen" <S.Janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:41:03 -0400
Thanks to those observant individuals who pointed out that differential lube
everywhere was probably due to failed leather axle tube seals, not to the
outer bearing seal being bad, and that I could avoid all the mega-force
solutions needed to take the hub apart by just pulling the axle and
replacing the seal.  I did pose the question about disassembling the hub,
but a few of you noticed that I may have been asking the wrong question.
The outer bearing seal retained a few ounces of wd-40 last night with the
axle standing on its end, so I'm going to assume it's good and try the axle
tube/low effort approach first.

Thanks for all the feedback.