fot

[Fot] AMBRO "Body" Count-----need help.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] AMBRO "Body" Count-----need help.
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:35:59 EDT
FOT and Bill Bonadio,

The AMBRO name is part of our Triumph Heritage in North America.

Until recently, I have not attempted to make a list all of the known Ambro
Bodied cars there are.  This week, I discovered that Tivvy Shenton and his son,
Cully are restoring a V-8 Powered Ambro that features the original fibreglass.
Discussion with them reveals that they hope to finish the Ambro early this
year.

I know the name of the guy of the Peerless Ambro, but cant remember it at the
moment. I keep hearing about a Buick V-8 Powered Ambro on the west coast, but
know little else.

Can anyone help me fill in some blanks and add to the list? Below is from my
memory only.  Thanks.

ORIGINAL MOLDS

Doug Karon      AMBRO -      TRIUMPH #1 (ORIGINAL AMBRO)
                       AMBRO-       PEERLESS CHASSIS - TRIUMPH
Cully Shenton   AMBRO -      V-8 POWERED- original body?
Bob Stadel       AMBRO -      TRIUMPH   (LAST ONE BUILT BY BILL AMES)

2ND GENERATION MOLDS

Bill Bonadio      Dio/Ambro    V-8 POWERED  (Dio Tipo 61)
Joe Alexander   AMBRO-      TRIUMPH (CONTINUATION OF BUILD #1)
Bill Babcock     AMBRO-      TRIUMPH (CONTINUATION OF BUILD #2)
Mike Fuchs      AMBRO -      V-8 POWERED- orginal body?

Thanks!

Joe (A)