fot

Re: [Fot] Toyota 4Runner Starter Motor

To: <fot@autox.team.net>, <Guyots3@wmconnect.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Toyota 4Runner Starter Motor
From: "Terry Stetler" <tlizzard@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 12:49:42 -0400
Typically about this mileage the Toyota starters will start to "click" instead
of "start".  I have rarely ever seen one that needed more than a new set of
copper contacts in the solenoid.  About $14 worth of parts.  At the previous
shop I worked for we repaired hundreds of them just this way, and they would
go another 100,000 miles.   The Denso starter is a very good piece of kit.  Of
course the dealer would always try to sell our customers a new starter for
$350+.  We made a lot of good long term customers because of this.

Terry Stetler