fot

[Fot] Brake booster spacer block, TR250, TR5, TR6

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Brake booster spacer block, TR250, TR5, TR6
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 13:42:04 -0500
The brake pedal was very high on the TR5 street car and I discovered that the
spacer block that is shown between the master cylinder vacuum booster and the
firewall is missing.  Apparently it got "missed" when the brake booster/master
cylinder was reassembled after restoration.  I am guessing that the same
spacer block is used on the TR250, TR5 and TR6.  The part is not available
from Moss I am told.  (Still waiting for TR250, TR6 catalog from Moss.)

If anyone has one of these spacer blocks they no longer need I'd like to
purchase it.  Or, if someone has one that they could take the dimensions off
of, O.D.; I.D. bolt circle or pattern and thickness, I will machine one out of
aluminum plate.  It looks to be about an inch thick in my Haynes manual.
Having the dimensions will allow me to machine it, take the booster off and
reassemble right away.  Really only want to crawl up into that inside firewall
by the pedals once.  Just had back surgery.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim