fot

Re: [Fot] Overdrive issue

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Overdrive issue
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 19:06:40 -0500
So, kinda back toward the original question...

I love the OD, and use 2nd OD all the time.  I don't know if it makes
me faster, but I have more fun driving with the extra drama of the
OD.  I agree that the close ratio box is the way to go from an
intellectual standpoint, but having those 7 speeds and the right gear
for ANYTHING is way cool.

Since I've got it apart, any performance hints / tweaks are welcome!

I need to figure out which hole in the actuating valve to drill out.
I did have a little slip with full throttle upshifts, so will be
raising the pressure some, but probably not to the 600+ psi range.
And, it does have the big accumulator.

Anything else?

It's going back together this weekend...

By the way, I think what broke it was a combination of rear wheel
lockup and the detroit locker.  I replaced the rear pads, and had
problems with rear lockup for a while.  When you lock one rear with
the locker you get a big BANG.  Scared the piss out of me.  Had that
happen a couple of times, and then found that teeth were missing off
of 3rd gear.  I'll bet the driveline shock was what hosed the OD
too.  Took a year to manifest itself, and even then only as parts
coming out with the oil.  Still worked like a champ.

- Tony