fot

Re: [Fot] Books for the Itinerant Road Racer...

To: billb@bnj.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Books for the Itinerant Road Racer...
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 07:55:03 EDT
Yes, 'expatriate'...no Pinot, just past my bedtime. But, I suspect Bryson
found England a calmer place to live in the 60s.

A 'Short History of Everything' is likely his best, is an award winner, and
it is on my list.

He narrates The Thunderbolt Kid...done well. Dentinger & Wismer will enjoy
this one, just with the oblique reference to Thunderbolt. I have the book
wrapped to send to them...if I ever get around to it.

Joe (A)

> I don't know if I'd call him an ex-patriot even given his lefty learnings,
> perhaps expatriate, and I understand the price for a Pulizer is pretty high.
> You must have gotten into the Pinot this evening.  Anyway, I like Bill Bryson
> even if he does tend to whinge a bit. I've read most of his books. He did a
> really good one on science called "A Short History of Everything" that's
> particularly good on tape, he does the narration. A Walk in the Woods" is
>indeed
> a good read. So is "Notes From a Small Country". I haven't read the
> "thunderbolt Kid. I'll add it to the list, and maybe a couple of others from
>him
> Bill Babcock

   </HTML>