fot

Re: [Fot] aluminum front hub availability

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] aluminum front hub availability
From: Fubog1@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 07:58:32 EDT
In a message dated 4/29/2007 7:39:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

The last  time I talked with Soutwick
about them, the price was going to increase to  somewhere in the $550
range because of the skyrocketing price of the  bearings - reason
unknown.

I can attest to the cost of the bearings. Last week I was going to order a
set (of bearings) for stock, until I was quoted ~$250 for an axle set (Timken).
 The inner bearing & race is big $$.
Of course if they have good service life they're worth it.
Glen