fot

Re: [Fot] Gear reduction starter for TR-4

To: timmurph@fastbytes.com ("Tim Murphy"), fot@autox.team.net ("'FOT'")
Subject: Re: [Fot] Gear reduction starter for TR-4
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 16:49:01 -0400
Our best experience so far is Ted Schumacher's offering.  I have had mine in
the car since the late 90s.  Methinks care must be taken to present moisture
from entering a 'weep' hole. Over the winter the result is some parts that
become frozen.  Just happened to us, but cleaned it up and back in business.

The Gustafson unit may be just as good, but the wires should be stabilized with
a little silicone, for use in a race car.  Your mileage may vary.

Joe Alexander