fot

[Fot] MOTRAH - Another View Part 4

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] MOTRAH - Another View Part 4
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 18:03:14 -0400 (EDT)
(this is it - really!)

Henry pulled into the paddock with a big grin and a nifty medallion for
his effort. Unfortunately, according to Henry - "the car won't turn
right". Ummm ya, the obvious toe out meant something got bent in the off.
Something turned out to be that the lower control arm mounting bracket was
ripped from the frame and the shock tower was bent back a tad. First
anaylisis was that we could weld it up for the MOTRAH feature, but on
further exam, it was pretty clear that the trailer was the next stop.

Oh well. Off to the SVRA banquet. Then back to camp and the cold.

SUN was fairly uneventful. A lot of folks pulled camp because it was cold
and grey. But as the day progressed, it got warmer and sunnier. I managed
to shoot another pile of pix (about 600 total) from various locations
including 5, 7 and 8 (I got some from 14 on FRI AM) plus some candids.
I'll try to put together a CD at some point, if you're interested, drop me
a line.

All in all, it was a great weekend. Thanks to EVERYONE. I love these FOT
gatherings. Lots of FUN. Maybe I'll even have a TRIUMPH at the next one.

And Marty -  I owe you for the ride. Your car is awesome.

rml