fot

Re: [Fot] HELP - I wiped out my cam

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] HELP - I wiped out my cam
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 07:02:31 -0500
   British  Parts  Northwest  hardness checks their lifters.  They have a
   set  of heavy duty tappets that are coated with something cool and are
   "lightened" for less than a buck more than the stock lifters.
   http://www.bpnorthwest.com/
   Here's their description:
   "These  are  Heavy  Duty  Tappets for a TR3-4A. They are lightened and
   have  an  extra  oil  drilled in the side for extra lubrication. Every
   batch  of tappets are tested when they arrive from the UK. Each tappet
   will  have a minimum hardness of Rockwell 54. The industry standard is
   50  for  tappets.  We have never had a bad batch of tappets like other
   companies  and  never  will  because of our dedication to dealing with
   only quality suppliers. "
   0.480  lift  is  nothing  to sneeze at, and will stress the valvetrain
   more than the stock lift.  Not a bad idea to follow the thread on good
   oil,  maybe  add some STP red or GM's EOS on an oil change to keep the
   ZDDP in the range where the valvetrain doesn't eat itself.
   - Tony Drews