fot

Re: [Fot] plug wires

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] plug wires
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:23:27 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/2007 11:00:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
fot-request@autox.team.net writes:

> Magnecor, either direct from Magnecor or Moss Motors.  Note that the coil
> lead hat on the TR6 kits do not seal to the Mallory dizzy tower, so some
> additional work is required to proof it against water leaks.
>
> Shane Ingate, sweltering in 98 degrees in swampy DC
>
> >I'm looking to install the optimum performance plug wires for my GT6,
> >running
> >a Mallory dual point distributor and a Bosch coil.  the car is prepped for
> >vintage racing. Any recommendations and sources?

Whilst it is true that there are many good quality plug wires out there, I
too am using Magnceor, # M-65221 for several years now to good effect.

On my Vitesse, (1998cc) Mk.2 engine, (same as GT6+), I am also using NGK
stock # 6637:BPR6EIX Iridium Plugs - from Rockauto.com
(now gapped to 40 thou')

With Mallory Dual Point distribitor :YL type, model 23, part # MAA-2367801,
(vented, non-flame arrested).

fitted with Pertronix ML-161, and a MSD # 8202 Coil, (mounted on the front
bulkhead).

and a MSD Digital 6 Ignition pack - with rev limiter.

Regards

Leon

<A
HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/vitesse1963";>http://community.webshots.com/user/vitesse1963</A>