fot

Re: [Fot] Can radial and bias race tires be mixed successfully?

To: <BillDentin@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Can radial and bias race tires be mixed successfully?
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 07:09:10 -0700
You can do a lot of experimenting with tire pressure to aid in using the two
types of tires, but don't expect anything good out of it.  I tried it once
with the radials on the back of my TR-3 and figured I was lucky to get back to
the pits alive. All I wanted was to change the gear ratio a little with the
smaller radials.The oversteer was huge and adding 15 pounds of air helped a
lot, but then the rounded tread gave up on anything high speed. Not worth the
effort.

Never Be beaten by Equipment
Kas Kastner