fot

Re: [Fot] Weber DGV Jet recommendations - 1500 spitfire

To: fpspitfire@insightbb.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Weber DGV Jet recommendations - 1500 spitfire
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 09:42:57 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

Since you put it "that way" (limited  by rules)...

Seeing that you have a DGV, I don't think you should need to buy 50 jets.
You should do a plug cut with what you have and then go two sizes richer /
leaner with the mains if you're off. If those go the other way (too rich
or too lean), back off one size on your mains.

That's pretty standard Weber tuning.

I don't know squat about DGV's, so I can't help you on basic numbers, but
the Des Hammil Weber book has some charts that seem to be very good
starting points.

The jets that you have sound reasonable for a 1500.

regards,
rml