fot

[Fot] Just poking some fun!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Just poking some fun!
From: "Greg \"Lunker\" Hilyer" <lunkercars@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:00:12 -0600
Worked the late shift on my new Formula Vee tonight. Then the 45 mile
drive from shop to home. Passed some old brit car broken down on the
shoulder. Took a hundred yards to process that - A. It's a Triumph
B. I've got tools  C. I've got a shop full of parts less than 10
miles away  D. I can probably help. As I'm backing-up the shoulder,
I'm thinking A. Ignition problem?  B. Charging problem?  C. Wheel
bearing?  D. Wait a minute, I think I know this car! Sure enough, up
walks our own Henry Morrison. As a relative newcomer to New Mexico
[11yrs] and FoT [3mos.], I never knew that 10pm on a monday night is
the proper time to test a TR3 sending unit. I could swear Henry was
stealing one of my old hitch-hiking lines with "but it showed 1/4
tank!", but realized that he was serious... he believed 40+ year old
Lucas. Now we both know - Yes, 10pm on a monday night IS the time to
test such things. But NO, a 40+ year old gas gauge is not to be trusted.
Hope you understand Henry, that I'm laughing with you and not at you,
because we've all been there. Just glad I could help. On the other
hand, maybe that's what one gets for driving a TR to a Healey club
meeting.
Greg