fot

Re: [Fot] All Alluminum Tour is Over

To: BillB@bnj.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] All Alluminum Tour is Over
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:40:43 EDT
In a message dated 9/9/07 4:54:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time, BillB@bnj.com
writes:

<>

Racing has certainly changed down through the decades.  It use to be for the
SPORT, and the overtaking car was responsible for safely passing the person
being overtaken, even if he had to slow down.  Now it appears that the faster
cars have an open season to fly along as fast as they can under any condition,
and when they hit someone, it is the other guy's fault -- the one who got hit.
"He cut me off!"  "He didn't give me racing room!" On and on.

Sometimes, it appears that the safety stewards and race officials want to see
more shrapnel fly to put on a better show for the audience.  Someone gave me
a tape of the E-Production race at the Runoffs last year.  Before the end of
the race, it appeared that about half of the cars were smashed up and off the
track.

In this area, the Sports Racer Ford drivers own the tracks, and anyone else
out there with them are second class citizens.  About 90% of all of the whining
and bitching at any event seems to come from these SRF drivers.

We just got back from spending a week in Portland.  I had seen a show on the
History Channel about Portland Underground, which was very interesting.  The
tour that we got on was somewhat disappointing.  Most of the tunnels had been
blocked off due to crooks using them to enter and rob buildings.

This coming weekend, I will be driving from Pittsburgh to Williamsport, PA to
help my boy with his TR-7.  He will try to race it at Watkins Glen this
weekend.  I hope that he has better luck than he did the last time he was at
Watkins Glen.  He got knocked off of the track in his RX-7 Mazda, and went
spinning
down over the hill hitting a guard rail.  His Mazda was trashed out of
existence.

http://www.aol.com</HTML>