fot

[Fot] Mallory Distributor

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Mallory Distributor
From: "Gary" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:08:55 -0700
Hello:

I installed a Mallory dual point distributor with Bosch coil on my racing TR4
last year and have run six events without a problem.  Then during the last
race, I noticed a "hesitation" at about 4,500 rpm under acceleration which I
attributed to vibration upsetting the fuel supply in the carbs (new motor
mounts, hard mounted carbs).  I have since isolated the carbs with the Weber
style rubber mounts, hope this solves the problem.  However, after reading
this thread, I'm also going to do a bit of light sanding of the condenser as
suggested just in case it is contributing or is the cause of the dreaded
hesitation.

My street TR6 uses a stock ignition setup and I've had zero problems in the
eight months I've owned the car.  Granted, its an around town car, no extended
trips so far but it starts right up every time and the engine runs nice and
smooth.

Gary

62 TR4
69 TR6