fot

Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP CHALLENGE - WATKINS GLEN 2008 -

To: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>, <group44tr7@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] KASTNER CUP CHALLENGE - WATKINS GLEN 2008 -
From: <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 11:12:29 -0600
And every year I add my two cents on the subject in support of a '67 cutoff.
If you have a period prepared car, I think it sucks to run with guys who have
flares, slicks and every thing else money can buy.  If you look at road racing
participants and spectators today in relation to the enormous growth in
population that has ocurred in the US since the end of the "Vintage era" road
racing is really in the tank compared to any other form of motorsport.
Additionally, what is the difference between a '72 legal car and current SCCA
standards?  Not a lot if you are looking through the windshield of a TR3 on
4.5" rims.  Clubs now are considering going beyond '72 when road racing died.
I prefer to run with the clubs that honor the pre 67 era and will vote with my
wallet.  (HSR, never again)  If all the clubs go to '72 I will quit and go
sailing or golfing or whatever.  I went to the Elva reunion and although it
was fun to see all the Elvas,  I would really rather race a Porsche 356 that
is prepared to the period.

Cheers
Henry Morrison, Albuquerque, NM