fot

[Fot] Triumph World.

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Triumph World.
From: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 02:33:17 EST
In a message dated 11/20/2007 3:08:19 PM Pacific Standard Time,
fot-request@autox.team.net writes:

> To: Friends of Triumph
> Subject: [Fot] Triumph World
>
> I am afraid that I do not share your enthusiasm for the new revised
> Triumph World, Bill. I am not sure whether you have received any of the
> new magazine or whether the ones you have read are from the old
> editorial team.
>
>   Basically it was a good magazine until quite recently when they got
> rid of Tony Beadle ( the editor for the past 5 years) and several of the
> regular contributors. I much preferred the old magazine which had a good
> mix of articles, history, competition and a few adverts. The new
> magazine has the emphasis very much on advertising and would appear to
> be out to try and attract a younger readership.
>
>   I believe its days are numbered and will be surprised if the numbers
> sold each edition don.t dwindle rapidly!
>
>   Mike Hughes

I agree 100% with Mike.

I have every single issue since # 1, right up to # 72.

I have not renewed, as it has turned from a decent read into little more than
a comic.

I am exceedingly disappointed in what Kelsey Publishing have done with it,
not to mention the way they treated Tony Beadle - a thoroughly good man btw.

With my continuing membership of the TSSC, since 1981, the FoT and other
Triumph internet forums, and the most excellent VTR magazine, my needs are met.

The cost also went up from $51/year to $99/year...that's the last straw.
I would rather spend my money on my Triumph.

Regards

Leon F Guyot

   </HTML>