fot

[Fot] 2008 North-Atlantic Production Car Challenge

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] 2008 North-Atlantic Production Car Challenge
From: Jay Creel <jaxonracing@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 20:26:24 -0800 (PST)
FOT,

I am sending out an email the members of the list to enlist the assistance of
this well connected group of triumph enthusiasts.

As many know (others may not), I race an HP classed MKII spitfire with the
SCCA.  I have been running the car since a complete "resurrection" back in
2004.  Over the course of 2007, I experienced a decline in attendance at many
of the great races in the Northeast division of the SCCA. The production
classes were affected for several reasons, and over the last couple months the
most notable objection (the run group) was addressed and changes were made and
2008 should be better.  These changes are specific to the upper northeast and I
am excited about seeing an improvement in attendance in the coming year.

While I had some "down time" I thought about an additional way to improve
attendance at the regional races in the northeast and I developed a new
production car series that has just been launched to the current drivers
earlier this week.  Now that the current drivers have been contacted, I wanted
to introduce the series to the members of the FOT.  My reason is that we all
know a driver who has a car that has been taking up space in a barn for several
years and just needs that little push to bring the car out. Now, I realize the
majority of the participants of FOT have triumphs (obviously), but we may have
friends with triumphs just itching to get back on the track as well as friends
with other marques.  My request is that if anyone knows a driver/ car in the
northeast that would be interested in participating or someone on the list that
is interested in learning more, please direct those individuals to
www.production-car.com this website is the official
 website of the North-Atlantic Production Car Challenge.  Partial details about
the series can be found on the website with more coming soon. And I encourage
those interested in following SCCA racing in the NEDIV to stay tuned to the
website throughout the season.

For anyone interested, there are contingency/ sponsorship opportunities
available.  Please feel free to contact me off list if anyone is interested in
discussing such opportunities.  I am very excited about the series and the
feedback so far has been very favorable.

thanks for your time
Jay R. Creel
#44 Jaxon Motorsports Triumph Spitfire