fot

Re: [Fot] TR4 Chainwheels

To: "Ed Woods" <fogbro1@comcast.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4 Chainwheels
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 07:19:42 -0600
I use a new chain, a new crank sprocket, and an adjustable cam
sprocket so I can more easily degree the cam. A street car doesn't
need the luxury of the adjustable sprocket because hopefully it
doesn't have to come apart as often as a race car.

I find that the new parts are okay, but the cam sprockets do not have
the holes drilled the way the old ones did, which allowed you to get
the cam timing pretty close. The new ones are drilled exactly
symmetrical, so you can only set the timing as close as one tooth
difference. I believe you must also put your own mark on it for the
next disassembly.