fot

Re: [Fot] TR 6 RELEASE BEARINGS

To: <vanlake@bellsouth.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR 6 RELEASE BEARINGS
From: "Walter Hollowell" <walt@hot-tr6.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 13:52:04 -0700
 Another issue for consideration is thrust washer wear as well as wear on
the release fingers on the clutch pressure plate. But back to the thrust
washer, constant pressure, even slight, increases heat, friction and wear.
Once the rear most thrust washer wears too much then the inside thrust
washer slips out of place and is found laying in the bottom of the oil pan
that you took off to figure out why you have a connecting rod sticking out
of the side of your engine block.
This is why I had Ron Meek developed for me a 360 degree thrust washer as
described on page 144 of Kas Kastner's book Historical & Technical Guide for
Triumph Cars
Walt Hollowell
Abq., NM