fot

[Fot] Keeping a TR3 Safe from marauding Porsches

To: members@dctra.org,fot@autox.team.net,
Subject: [Fot] Keeping a TR3 Safe from marauding Porsches
From: "David W. Riddle" <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 12:02:16 -0700
I finally found an old video (probably from 1999) I was looking for
and captured about 38 seconds of it it to use in my class this
weekend at PIR.  One of the things that we stress to the Students is
the importance of maintaining a line so that you are predictable on
track.  Don't move over to allow a car by because you may not be
aware of another car also wanting to pass.

This video starts on the approach to Turn 9 (uphill hairpin) where I
checked my mirrors and I let a Porsche Cup Car pass my TR3 by staying
deeper into the corner to let him stay on the line on exit.

The video them continues down the back straight and into the Oval
where I am passed by two more Porsche Cup Cars on either side of me!

It is the top video on our TR Club website Gallery

http://www.dctra.org/?page_id=22