fot

[Fot] question for SU enthusiasts.

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] question for SU enthusiasts.
From: <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 11:16:33 -0700
Hello carb enthusiasts,  I am in the process of fitting a single SU to the
Renault Gordini Bunce Buck Hmod project.  The stock Gordini Solex wont fit due
to the positioning of the head faring and the engine.  My best solution is to
fit a SU carb to the engine(two SU's wont fit either) on a manifold of my own
construction.  The Question is, will an 1-1/8" side draft do the job because
it fits so nicely?  Important details:  The engine is an 850cc Renault that
doesn't like to go much over 4700 rpms, the intake ports are siamesed, the
stock manifold runners are 1.100" dia.  the diameter of the stock carb throat
is 1.259",  the diameter of the SU throat is 1.125".  Am I making a big
mistake going with the 1-1/8" side draft rather than a 1-1/4" semi downdraft?
Thanks in advance for your responses, I know the highly esteemed members of
this list are of far too high caliber to merely forward along their
desparaging and denegrading remarks concerning
Renaults....................Cheers Henry Morrison, Cedar Crest,  New Mexico
Check out the Bunce Buck at
http://sportsracernet.smugmug.com/H%20Modified%20Cars