fot

Re: [Fot] Cleaning parts

To: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>, "Shane Ingate"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Cleaning parts
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:01:20 -0800
With ultrasonic cleaners, you have to be very careful of volatile solvents
as to the chance of ignition.  The cavitations of the fluid at the localized
surface of the part or item cleaning can reach a temperature 5000degrees F.
With that in mind, flammable liquid could be explosive using in this type of
cleaner.
The beauty of the US cleaning system is the non-use of hazardous solvents
for degreasing and the lack of need for scrubbing the parts as the US
creates a kind of effervescent action and get into the unseen nooks and
crannies.  US works the best if the majority of the grease is scraped of
first before immersing in the cleaner.  I'm looking for a good degreaser and
wondering if anyone else has tried this process.  It appears that Simple
green or other types of citric cleaner may work well.  I'm also wondering if
tri sodium phosphate (tsp) would be effective.
Charly Mitchel
TR6 #44