fot

[Fot] Brake Shoe Lining Material

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Brake Shoe Lining Material
From: "Peter Vucinic" <pvucinic@netspace.net.au>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 21:28:49 +1100
Dear Listers,

I am looking at relining my Brake Shoe Material to something a little softer
/ with a bit more bite! I just don't believe that I can ever get enough heat
into the shoes during normal use to enable a 'race' type material to
perform. It's just overkill and is leading to 'only adequate' braking
performance. However, I need to select a material that is not too aggressive
on my Alfin Style Brake Drums. Something that is suitable for street use
would be preferable. I have 4 Spot Calipers with cross drilled and slotted
rotors up front, so this end of the car works fine. So, I believe I just
need to find that right balance using a different shoe lining material.

Therefore I ask the question of those running TR4's with NO brake booster,
STD diameter/width drums and STD slave Cylinders. What Brand / Grade of
Lining Material are you using on the Shoes?

Any input will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks all.

Kind Regards

Peter Vucinic