fot

Re: [Fot] Manifold Question

To: <dos_gusanos@msn.com> <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Manifold Question
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:54:16 -0800
If you don't and you have problems you'll always assume it's the
balance pipe. Constant velocity carbs often have balance pipes to
smooth pressure fluctuations and decrease the piston (or diaphragm)
flutter in the carbs. It was a common fix on Yamaha XS1 650 twins with
CV carbs to add a balance tube when the carbs were flaky. If nothing
else, it doesn't hurt.
Bill

On Jan 30, 2008, at 10:20 AM, <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
<dos_gusanos@msn.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,  I am looking for more of your valued advice.  On most dual
> SU
> Manifolds they have a balance pipe connecting the runner pipes.  My
> fabricator
> says the balance pipe is a waste.  I think otherwise because every
> car with
> dual SU's has one.  Webers don't.  What say you?  should i order him
> to build
> a balance pipe into my manifold or let it slide?
> ..............................Henry Morrison, Albuquerque, Renault
> powered

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb@bnj.com