fot

Re: [Fot] checking bearing clearances

To: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] checking bearing clearances
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@McCarty-Law.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 17:42:33 -0600
Legal source, in my opinion.  Years and years ago, like one hundred
(100) years ago, most transactions were completed based on pre-printed
forms (simpler times).  There were blanks for numbers (dollars, etc.) to
be written in followed by blanks with parentheses.  I'd suppose this was
because lawyers have handwriting much like doctors.  If I were filling
in a form and hand-wrote "three" you'd be damn glad of the parenthetical
notation explaining what the hell that scribble was...   We still do it
in the legal biz out of habit.

Scott B.