fot

Re: [Fot] 40 DCOE float setting?

To: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] 40 DCOE float setting?
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 16:29:54 -0800
Get the floats parallel to the gasket surface and you're in the
ballpark. Best way to set them is with the carb assembled and full of
gas. Take out the jet and look down the hole with a flashlight. You
should see the gasoline right at the cross drilled hole. it helps to
blow gently into the tube (don't put your lips on it, just blow
downwards gently) to push the gas down and then let it rise again. If
it's too high or low you'll see it immediately and you can re-set the
float accordingly.
On Feb 5, 2008, at 4:06 PM, J.C. Hassall wrote:

> Anyone know the proper float setting for 40 DCOE 151s with plastic
> floats?  All my books spec the setting based on metal floats.  Also,
> from what datum is the setting measured?  I'd assume (uh oh!) the tip
> of the trapezoidal-shaped float farthest from the fulcrum.
>
> TIA
>
> Jim
>
> --
> J.C. Hassall