fot

[Fot] Pictures of the burned TR3

To: "members" <members@dctra.org>,fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Pictures of the burned TR3
From: "David W. Riddle" <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:09:57 -0700
I finally brought myself out to the garage today to pull the shroud
off the car and start stripping bits off for the process of getting
the car back on the road/track.

Posted some pictures at the bottom of my DCTRA Members Car Profile

http://www.dctra.org/?p=26

Pulled the bonnet, windshield, battery, air cleaners and Crane
Ignition. Gonna "shop-vac" out the burnt bits and ash before going
further.  Need to see about trying to set up a workday (Mar 1 or Mar
22) to see if anyone wants to come help strip the car down.

1. Take both front fenders off and
2. Pull the nose off

I had thought about trying to see if the bonnet could be fixed as the
metal above the front carb is warped.  But on second thought I think
I might try to make some "lemonade" and since this is Bob Schaller's
old car and Bob was all about modifying the little beasties to make
them better (see his book "More BS about TR's) I am now thinking I'll
go ahead and cut out the warped metal but instead of welding in a
patch I'll instead make a blister in the bonnet with an opening to
draw in outside air to the carbs.

Once the fenders and nose are off I'll get those pieces and the car
reshot as close to the original Primrose Yellow as possible. Splice
in new wiring for the front of the car and it should be good to
go.  While it is getting painted I'll pull the Panasports off to have
them media blasted and then powercoated.

Anyone on the FOT list have a recommendation for changing the car
over to Dual Masters?