fot

Re: [Fot] Oil again

To: "Jerry Van Vlack" <jerryvv@roadrunner.com>, "Charly Mitchel"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Oil again
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:04:13 -0600
To answer your question, it is about choices, availability and dollars. Brad
Penn is great but the 20-50 is a semi-synthetic. They sell a break in oil
and it probably should be used first but who can tell for sure. So I should
buy 8 quarts at $5.00 each, run a weekend and dump it. I replace it with
20W-50 and how long do I leave that in? What if I get a water leak and ruin
the oil. The ability to add ZDDP to otherwise good oil allows for more
options. I used to dump the Valvoline VR1 I used almost every race weekend,
but I can't afford to waste the Brad Penn. Mine is still Green after 3
weekends, just barely and I didn't use the Break-in oil.

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com