fot

[Fot] GT6 GEARBOX AND DIFFERENTIAL

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] GT6 GEARBOX AND DIFFERENTIAL
From: <igofaster@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 11:12:28 -0800
Greetings FoT !
Just finished the CVAR race last weekend. It will be the last weekend with my
lovely T50 5 speed gearbox.... ugh....   used a smaller tire and was getting my
revs quicker and actually needed the 5 speed on the straightaway.
Anyways... I've purchased the Triumph 4 speed gearbox from Quantum Mechanics.
My questions are, should I continue running the overdrive differential, I
believe it's a 3.73 ratio in the GT6, or go back to the stock ratio of 3.27? My
friend Bob Kramer suggests I build the car to run its peak at TWS which does
have a long straightaway. The other courses we run with CVAR do not have as
long a straight.
I'm also wondering about the Quaff  (sp)  for the differential... seems they're
in the $1200 range. Is it worth the dough or should I keep the current 3.73
gearbox or have a 3.27 welded locked?
Appreciate the group!
Bobby Whitehead  #54CVAR GT6+ EP Group2