fot

[Fot] Subscription management

To: 'Friends of Triumph' <fot@autox.team.net>
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2008 10:28:26 -0700
A couple of folks have asked about putting their email on
vacation hold, so to speak.  With Mailman, it is pretty easy
to do.

You should have just recently gotten a message from Team.Net
listing your subscriptions and passwords for the various lists
to which you subscribe.  Click on the link listed in that message
for the appropriate list, and log in using your password.

Scroll down that page to the set of options.  The top one listed
is called 'Mail Delivery' with two choices - enabled and disabled.
When enabled is set, you get mail from the list.  If you set disabled,
you won't get mail from the list, but you will still be subscribed.
When you are back at your desk or whatever, you can repeat the
procedure to enable mail delivery once again.

I've mentioned this before as I recall, but this capability has
another use.  If you routinely send mail from different addresses,
such as mjb@autox.team.net and mark@bradakis.com you can
subscribe both addresses to the list, so that mail you send from
either one will not be held as non-subscriber posts.  And to avoid
getting copies of each message sent to both addresses, you can
disable mail delivery to one and enable the other.

Hope this helps.

mjb.