fot

Re: [Fot] TR gearboxes

To: Greg - Lunker Hilyer <lunkercars@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR gearboxes
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 08:31:56 -0800
Pretty easy really. start with dog box guts. there goes three grand.
After that the rest is easy. bigger bearings, expert assembly (not
me), etc.

Or you can start with "original" guts and have everything blueprinted,
do a bunch of machining to upgrade all the undersized bearings, source
gears to build a close ratio box. By the time you finish that you'll
be at least three grand into it as well.
On Mar 8, 2008, at 8:19 AM, Greg - Lunker Hilyer wrote:

>> I wouldn't be surprised to
>> find I have four to five grand in each.
>
> I'm curious, where does one put $5000 in a TR gearbox? Use it to
> papier-mbchi the case for strength? Perhaps laminate C-notes into a
> semi-rigid trans mount?
> Just kidding... sort of.
> Greg "Lunker" Hilyer
> TR4 #314