fot

Re: [Fot] A type OD

To: Rob <19to1tr6@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] A type OD
From: Bill Babcock <Billb@bnj.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 13:05:05 -0800
sounds like a handy feature, it will keep you from shifting too
frequently. You might consider adding a relay into the circuit. What
you're being shocked by is not the 12 volts, but the flyback voltage
generated by the solenoid. A relay has a solenoid too, but it's dinky
and won't sting. an insulated switch would also do the job.
On Mar 8, 2008, at 12:33 PM, Rob wrote:

> With all the rain in Boston today it reminds me of a problem I need
> to correct
>
> My OD switch is mounted to a welded tab  on the gear shift lever In
> a rain
> race with soaking wet gloves,suit and shoes I was getting a pretty
> good shock
> each time i activated the OD
>
> The switch  has open poles and is not water proof
>
> Will a water proof switch and insulated mounting correct this Or
> will i have
> other wiring considerations. thanks    rob
>
> You are subscribed as billb@bnj.com

Bill Babcock
Babcock & Jenkins
Billb@bnj.com