fot

Re: [Fot] CVAR and authenticity

To: "'Larry Young'" <cartravel@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] CVAR and authenticity
From: "Jim" <britbits@tiu.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 11:35:39 -0500
At very least CVAR needs to update the rules listed on the website.

>From the website:

http://www.corinthianvintagerace.com/cvarrules.html

<snip>

Cars that are prepared beyond allowable modifications will be penalized
points, reassigned to another race group or excluded from competition at the
discretion of the Vehicle Regulations committee.

Cars with more than 5 penalty points are not eligible for championship and
may be moved to exhibition group
<snip>

So from what's posted, Bobby could be allowed to run but not be eligible for
the cheap plank of fiberboard at the end of the year.   In the mean time
they're collecting dues and getting $$$ to help pay track rentals, etc.

Yeah, I got burned out from dealing with some of the rule book waving
autocross types who played personality games got get what they wanted.
That's what I liked about CVAR at the I ran.... much more laid back.

Cheers,

Jim
Dallas
'76 Spitfire DM Autocrosser