fot

[Fot] floats for H6 carbs

To: "BillDentin-aol.com" <BillDentin@aol.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] floats for H6 carbs
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:35:17 -0500
I've been in contact with the Product Manager of the Division of
Rogers Corporation, who makes the material named Nytorophyl.
This  material is used for high volume floats current production car
floats, the volume of which is tens of thousands per part number.
I've sent him a photo and drawing of the H6 floats and described the
problem to him, and asked for his help. He responded today to me that
he will be back to me on the possibilities. We shall see. I hope the
request doesn't fall to the bottom of the pile on a busy desk, as so
often happens.

The material is not available in rods or bars, which would have been
ideal. It may be available in flats but apparently is not available
in flats of the thickness required to make a float in one piece. I
told him that if we can even find some floats already commercially
available that could be carved into our shape, we could do that at
least for the racers among us who use the H6 (TR3) style carbs.

He responded today to me that he will be back to me on the
possibilities. We shall see.

When you guys were first talking about this problem I visualized it
as a problem experienced by racers only. It turns out that the
problem is more widespread -- our major Triumph parts suppliers have
seen sales of these floats in big numbers over the years. Although
sales numbers and time periods are proprietary numbers that are
fairly closely guarded, I'm led to believe that a couple thousand
floats over several years is the general ballpark for our entire TR population.

I hope that a means of manufacturing these can be found that would
justify the effort.

uncle jack