fot

Re: [Fot] GL-4

To: "'TeriAnn Wakeman'" <twakeman@razzolink.com>, "'riverside'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] GL-4
From: "Peter Vucinic" <pvucinic@netspace.net.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 15:44:04 +1100
I had great difficulty finding here is Australia well. After a lot of
investigation I found that most of the major manufacturers (Shell, Caltex,
Mobil etc.) have stopped making GL-4. They consider it to be a superseded
product which GL-5 now encompasses. That is, until you mention the corrosive
and tarnishing aspects of GL-5 on Bronze. Then the back down and say that
maybe it is quite compatible!
However, I did find two things: -
1. People like TOYOTA are bottling GL-4 in their own bottles available at
dealerships as an OEM, as fair few Toyota vehicle models still call for
GL-4.
2. Royal Purple make it and that's what I used.

Cheers....

Peter Vucinic
TR-4