fot

Re: [Fot] VTR is now involved with FoT at THE GLEN----Membership In

To: N197TR4@cs.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] VTR is now involved with FoT at THE GLEN----Membership In
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:07:46 EDT
In a message dated 03/26/2008 9:28:29 AM Central Standard Time,
N197TR4@cs.com writes:

> Our FoT Mike Cook is the Magazine Editor.  A great article on Ted Schmacher
>
> was in the last issue. Great reading. Ted was fast 'back when'.  (Some of us
>
> are just half fast.)

Amici...

I too enjoyed that article.  It is well done and gives a feel for the
tremendous scope of a 24 Hour Endurance effort.  Ted's constant use of the
collective
pronoun 'we' rings true and helps describe how many hands are needed to be
successful in endurance racing.  Of course the racers are important, but so too
that crew and team.  The panoramic picture of the 'TS' team shows how just how
many people were involved in supporting that effort (rivals the population of
Rhode Island).

The article also includes a great photo of Mike Cook, driving a lowly TR7 and
getting ready to lap Ted in the TR8 (yet again).  Kidding!  After the smoke
cleared, both cars placed in their respective classes.  Ted's TR8 took 3rd, and
Mike's TR7 took 2nd.

Seems like I remember Ted speaking at an early North American Triumph
Challenge event either before or after that race. Ah yes...the good old days.

Bill Dentinger

PS...the back cover sure looks like the old Roadster I once owned (KTF 469).
It was lipstick red when I owned it.  A sacrilege, but not something I had
done.  The guy I sold it to put a TON of money into a professional restoration,
and it was drop dead gorgeous the next time I saw it.  Sure looks like the
same car.