fot

[Fot] Return of the Garage Mahal

To: <Fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Return of the Garage Mahal
From: "Deanes, Robert" <deanesr@uncw.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 12:26:52 -0400
Well I see a lot of  ideas but mine is a little different, my second
garage, this one is 24 by 32 only because of the home owners ass., the
walls are 14 feet tall and the gauge door is 13ft  tall and 12 feet
wide, high enough for a car lift if I decide to get one, at the rear I
have a balcony across  (24")  and 8 feet out, this gives me more store
space ,it also gives me an " office area with computer and other office
stuff, since I fish a lot I have a tackle table there plus sink and
small fridge for beer, there is railing, drink holders, and bar chairs
overlooking the garage floor, also room for a foosball table that is
going up there, under this is a room that is 8 by 10 that I have
enclosed as a clean room for building engine stuff, has two French doors
so I can see in or out, two overhead lights and a swivel light with
magnifier, attached to the balcony edge are two industrial swivel fans,
three speed, moves a lot of air, we really don't need that much heat in
lower N.C., with the high ceilings though it stays fairly cool in the
summer, I have four normal size windows two on each side and a regular
door so you don't have to raise the big door, I have two sinks in the
lower part, one for parts and one for other stuff (wife),I have cabinets
down one side with benches and pegboard and the other side is overhead
cabinets, believe it or not I can get my 22ft grady in the shop with
trailer and my two triumphs during a hurricane, for lights I have four 8
ft double fluor. and track light though out with four foot flour. over
the benches and sinks, ran my own electrical with wire large enough to
put in a full heating and air if I ever needed it, the smartest thing I
did was to build a 10 by 12 pitched roof which created me a room above
everything else 32 by 12 which will be a man room/
apartment,shower/stove etc. by June I hope, will have a 10 by 12 deck
out the back with stair wrapping around to the ground so from the house
I can see what goes up and down, there is a full stereo system with four
Bose speakers an TV overhead to watch the races. It took a lot of
thought to make this happen and built it all myself, at this point I
would be surprised if I had much over 10 thou in it.

Rob Deanes

TR-4 Racer

TR-6 Street