fot

Re: [Fot] viton seals for TR6

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] viton seals for TR6
From: Don Elliott <58tr3a@videotron.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:42:46 -0400
Jack - On my TR3A, I had to change the front seal and couldn't get a
speedi-sleeve that would do the job.  So I spoke to a seal supplier and we
found a new seal with a slightly smalled ID that was available and it was a
very standard part.  Then I turned down and polished the OD of the shaft
where it was worn with a groove and polished it to the correct diameter for
the new seal.  It doesn't leak now and I didn't need to use a speedi-sleeve.

Don Elliott, Montreal