fot

[Fot] GT6 kick ass transmission

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] GT6 kick ass transmission
From: <igofaster@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:12:27 -0400
I thought I posted this to the group but I type about as good as I mechanic..

From:  igofaster@charter.net
Subject: GT6 gearbox, racer
Date:  04/17/08 22:29

OK... 'nother question with intent...

My TRANSMISSION is an issue...

What is the kick ass Triumph transmssion for my GT6?  I've tried to stab a TR6
box in the space and I recall it is a major frame modificaion to allow the rear
TR6 housing to squeeze in between the frame. CVAR only will allow  Triumph
tranny.

The GT6 gearbox upgrade from Quantum is probably OK, but my ineptness may have
come to light is I tried to remove my T50 Toyota 5 speed. Bob Davis had
installed the hydraulic release bearing, and if I did anything wrong, it was
not
understanding the alignment of the release bearing on the clutch...
I had metal shavings on my drain plug after less than 3 miles under driving
conditions. I've stabbed an old early GT6 gearbox on to try to make Eagles
Canyon next month... it was in the backyard in my parts bin..no top cover...
and
as I flushed it, there was some mice turds in it... I was wondering of the
organic mice turd was preferred over the synthetic...
If I can just exhibit at some speed around the course and give the Miss America
wave in last place of my heat, I'll be,,,   OK....

Peace guys!
 #54 Yellow CVAR EP GT6+

Bobby Whitehead