fot

Re: [Fot] Danica Finally won

To: spitlist@cox.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Danica Finally won
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 10:04:17 EDT
In a message dated 04/19/2008 11:53:58 PM Central Daylight Time,
spitlist@cox.net writes:

> Hey guys and gals, particularly those e\who follow Open wheel racing, Let
> me
> be the first to announce on the FOT list that Danica Patrick is now the
> first Female to Win an Indy Car race in her 50th start.

Hooray for our side!  Danica is from Roscoe, IL about a half dozen miles from
Blackhawk Farms raceway where Bob Wismer was racing his S2000 yesterday.  I
crewed for him, and heard about Danica's win on the way to the track early
Sunday morning.  I can remember seeing her doing laps at BLACKHAWK years ago.
Even then you could see she was special.  I wish the media would concentrate
more
on her fine driving and less on the fact that she's cute.  Some good Janet
Guthrie quotes in USA TODAY this morning.  Janet Guthrie stopped by our paddock
at Road America the year before last.  Another great female driver, who in all
probability would have beat Danica to that first WIN had she ever had top
shelf equipment.  Her book is great, if you have not read it.

Bill Dentinger