fot

Re: [Fot] Replacing TR6 hood

To: "Chuck Arnold" <triosan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Replacing TR6 hood
From: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 16:15:54 -0400
I am pretty sure a TR6 is quite similar to a TR4, so maybe this helps.
This is how I do it...

Remove the headlights. Lay the hood in place on car. Reach in the
headlight holes to bolt up the brackets, a couple bolts per side. Open
hood, put the rest of the bolts in. Tighten them a little, but not so
much as the hood can't slide in the brackets. Close the hood, align as
needed, then tighten the bolts some more through the headlight holes so
it can't slide in the brackets. Open the hood, tighten the bolts to
proper torque. Reinstall headlights.