fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 forged pistons needed

To: "'Mike Munson'" <fasttrs@mindspring.com>, "'Chuck Arnold'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 forged pistons needed
From: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 11:21:35 -0400
In Sunday's race last weekend at Road Atlanta one of my push rods (TR-4)
floated off to the side of its rocker and held the exhaust valve open so it
blew hot stuff out through the SU. I pulled the push rod up and straightened
it out on the only flat surface around, the tongue of my trailer.

Put it back together and the engine ran fine. So I hooked up the trailer and
drove back home (70 miles)....oil pressure and temp normal; no funny noises
and typical power.

If the compression checks normal, I plan to assume everything is just fine.

Any foreboding warnings out there?

Richard