fot

Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen & Dogs

To: Gt6steve@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen & Dogs
From: Greg - Lunker Hilyer <lunkercars@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 16:27:40 -0600
And don't forget about the kamikaze turtle at Hallett last year. And
did you hear the one about the snail that was victim of a hit-and-
run?... When the cops showed up to take his statement, the only thing
he could say was... "it all happened so fast, I really don't remember
what happened".
On the other hand, I had a real problem last weekend with one feral,
lame dog that truly seemed to like watching vintage racing. For one
entire run group, the poor old thing sat there [observing?] between
turns 13 and 14, right in the best viewpoint. When animal control
showed up, we in the tower made the change to the short track and
then watched the Laurel & Hardy show as the dog catchers chased a
old, limping dod from turn 12 to turn 2. After 45 mins., they came
back saying they lost it in a high speed corner. Full track got under-
way and we never saw the dog or the doigcatcher again.
Greg "Lunker" Hilyer
TR4 # 314
Albuquerque NM