fot

[Fot] SS brake lines and fittings

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] SS brake lines and fittings
From: "Mark York" <m-syork@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 09:10:01 -0700
Amici, Input please:

I have a friend who has owned a Cessna for years; he has offered to make
stainless brake lines for my TR3 racer. He would use 37 deg single flares
and b-nuts on all the fittings. I read through most of the threads on
hydraulic lines (from about a year ago) last night and most of you think 37
single flare is acceptable. Are there any issues with this method, any
better, easier ways? It looks like the standard b-nut (male to male)
fittings will thread right into the brake cylinder.

I've seen his work; it's almost too pretty for the race car.

What does everyone think?

Thanks in advance

Mark