fot

[Fot] Alternatives to the SCCA

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Alternatives to the SCCA
From: "Gary Horstkorta" <vintage.racer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 14:35:29 -0700
Hello:

Out west here there is an alternative for SCCA prepared cars to race in a
"vintage" atmosphere.  The Northern Pacific Division (SCCA) has a series
which they classify as vintage ( see www.sfrscca.org/content/view/4481/132/
for info) which has proven to be quite popular.  If a car does not fit into
the rule set of the other vintage organizations in the west (CSRG, SOVERN,
VARA, HMSA, HSR West) it generally WILL fit in with the SCCA Vintage.  I've
raced my TR4 with the SCCA vintage group and aside from being blown off by a
Lotus Exige and several big Porsche's, the rest of the group was quite
competitive.  They usually have fairly large grids so you can always find
someone to race with.  It's essentially a "race what you brung" sort of
environment.  This might be worth investigating in your local regions if
they don't already have a program like this.

Gary

1962 TR4

1969 TR6

1969 Triumph Bonneville