fot

Re: [Fot] mileage plus

To: "Craig" <wensley_Tr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] mileage plus
From: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 09:21:55 +1100
With the current state of oil production and global politics, the can has
pretty much been opened for us. The question remains, whether we as vintage
enthusiasts are willing (able?) to broaden our perspective to include
current concerns, or become increasingly limited in our appeal to those
outside of our immediate, aging group. The public's initial interest in our
cars when they were first introduced to this country was based in large part
on their efficiency. Vintage does I agree carry other potent appeals, based
in part on nostalgia and historic preservation, but equally on creativity
(i.e. how do I make this old crate perform better than someone else can and
stay within the rules). In my mind there no need to sacrifice these
goals/ideals by introducing an aspect that is of growing concern to all who
live on the planet.
Steve P.